Re: Let's try this again...

To: akgua!att!exu.ericsson.se!exumfs@hoosier.cs.utah.edu (Mark Steph),
Subject: Re: Let's try this again...
From: gfd@akguc.att.com
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 92 15:30 EDT
My TR3 was hit in the rear about 1.5 years ago and made the
car about 1 foot shorter and gave me a bad headache.  I cut out
clippings from Hemmings and sent the collection to the insurance
company of the person that hit me (Allstate).  Allstate decided
that they were not qualified to put a value on the car and
called in an expert.  I don't remember his name but I read his
credentials and he was well versed in antique auto values.

Bottom line....I got 7,800 for the TR, bought back the crunched
one for high bid auction value (1,700), bought another TR3 for
parts and it's almost ready to roll.

I think that, if you stick with it, you can get a reasonable
settlement from one of the larger ins companies.

George DeVeau
Norcross GA