Misc gubbish

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Misc gubbish
From: ian@Centric.COM (Ian Macky)
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 92 21:58:02 PDT
Hi all...  got my ELP reservation today for "TR 69".  Surprisingly, it
wasn't taken.  Later found out it because they object to "69" due to its
sloppy connotations.  A "this is a '69 car hence 69" letter got approval
from a nice Cynthia at the DMV and $41 later it's mine.  It'll probably be
a couple months before I actually see it, though...

On the rear hub front, I've given up.  Boo hiss yes yes, but adjusting the
hub is too much of a hassle.  Plus the tab washer and nuts are pretty
chewed; they really shouldn't be cycled again.  So I just cleaned the whole
mess up, greased the u-joints, cleaned and regreased the splines, then
reassembled it with new rubber booties and back on it goes.  It's probably
got .01 or .015 or so of endplay instead of the max .005 so it's not real
bad, just kinda sloppy...

Interior news: put new sound deadening sheets in the tub today.  I was real
happy to find the exact sort of OEM stuff I wanted, and one $15 box of six
10"x10" sheets did everything I needed.  That was nice...

Next piece of interior to go in is the funky one on the inside firewall
around/above the tranny tunnel.  Real awkward to get in there, plus
lots of fiddling fitting details, oh my back........but it's the hardest
piece so I'll be happy when it's done and some nice big easy ones come next.

The doors are done.  New lock remote controls, rebuilt handles, and cleaned
up and regreased the latch as much as possible.  New gaskets, blah blah.
Came out well.  Put on new door panels and handles on the driver side and
it looks and works mahvelous, let me tell you.  Will install RH handles when
I get some more of the correct esCUTCHeons (god bless you).

--ian