Re: Spitfire 1500 Clutch Help Needed

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, totty@flute.cs.uiuc.edu
Subject: Re: Spitfire 1500 Clutch Help Needed
From: William Hartwell Woodruff <woodruff@engin.umich.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 92 15:25:58 -0400
        I think the bolt retro fit is considered a permanent fix.  I have one
in my
car and it works just fine.  The throwout bearing should handle any variations
that
the bolt could cause since it pivots on a parallel axis.  If there is an oil
seal
difference, it is a actual seal versus an oil slinger type.  I don't know how
compatible
the two are.  You might end up having to change your input shaft, which would
throw all
your tolerences off.  I'd stick with the current bellhousing.  I think you'll
find that
swapping the clutch disk around will cure your problem.

woodruff@caen.engin.umich.edu