TR6 rear wheel bearing adjustment

To: ian@Centric.COM (Ian Macky)
Subject: TR6 rear wheel bearing adjustment
From: paisley@cme.nist.gov (Scotty Paisley)
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 92 19:12:26 EDT
Ian Macky writes:
 > It's me again, working on the you-know-what.

Ian, I think we must have mirrored cars.  First you were working on
the carbs with almost the same probs as me, now, I too want to work on
the rear hubs, but the rear driver side is bad on mine...

Anyway, I too would like answers to all of Ian's questions.  If I want
to rebuild TR6 hubs myself, do all I need is a professional hub puller
and a dial gauge?  Looks pretty straight forward but I REALLY don't
want to trash my hubs...

BTW, I drove the TR6 about 15 miles on the (potentially) funky gas...
No probs.  Looks like I may have just lost a bit to my vandels.  When
I toped the tank off it took 2.5 gallons for 30 miles of travel.  I
don't think that my car is getting 12 miles to the gallon...  Last
trip it got 21mpg.  So if they swiped a gallon that would put me right
at 20.  (phew!)

Now all I gotta do is replace the ujoints and the rear hubs!

-Scott