Wanted: Kingpin for MGA

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Wanted: Kingpin for MGA
From: neilson@mprgate.mpr.ca (Robert Neilson)
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 92 19:59:39 PDT
I need a vertical link (kingpin) for the rhs of my MGA. I just need the
steel rod with the threads on each end. I have talked to all my contacts
here and no one has one for the right side (I guess this is the side that
hits the most curbs!).

The local supplier wants $169cdn for this piece of steel, and MOSS is
about the same one I account for US exchange, Cdn taxes etc..

The one I have is bent about 10 degrees at one end. I stopped at a couple
machine shops and they say it would take 2 to 3 hours to straighten, at $55
per hour!

So if anyone knows where I can find a good used one for $50 (give or take)
please let me know.

Thanks,
Rob