Lead Substitutes

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Lead Substitutes
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 92 16:31:11 pdt
The August 1992 DRIVEN (Nor-Cal Shelby Club newsletter) had an
interesting article on valve recession and gas additives to combat this
problem.  The conclusion of the article was that there are only two
brands on the market that work in high performance engines:
MerCruiser's "Quicksilver Valve Lube" (Mercury Marine) and and Red
Line's "Lead Substitute".  I have an electronic copy of this article if
anyone is interested in a copy.  If a lot of people are interested, I
can upload it to hoosier.

Roland Dudley
cobra@hpcdcsn.cdc.hp.com