test (fwd)grease cap

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: test (fwd)grease cap
From: Karivelithara Korah Kuru <kl18@sol.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 92 17:43:26 CDT

 Hi

    Could someone please tell me how to remove the grease cap on my MGB.
 The cap is within the hub assembly(I've got wire wheels) and has a threaded
 end on  it. My Haynes  manual simply says to withdraw the cap, but I dont see
 how since it is hard to access. TRF told me to put vise grips on the thread
 and PULL. Unfortunately this did not work. How does everyone else with wire
 wheeled MGB's remove their caps and get to the wheels bearings? Any suggestions
 will be appreciated

                Bob and his 'B

 --