Re: Smiths gauges

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Smiths gauges
From: sanders@triton.unm.edu
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 92 08:48:32 -0600
It is my understanding that Smith gauges are no longer available - that is
no longer being made. The company who bought the manufacturing can't use the
name and uses the Tudor label on the gauge face.

By the way... several years ago I bought a Smiths ammeter but haven't been
able to use it since it is +/- 30 A rather than the +/- 60 that should be
used on alternator cars. The +/- 30 is for generator cars. I would be open
to trades for a +/- 60 version.

Also, since I'm blowin' bandwidth... My favorite headlights have gotten
pretty beat up from rocks. Anybody know of any vendors for Cibie lighting?
Are Z Beams still being made? They were illegal at one time since they
had replaceable elements. What is Your favorite light?

John Sanders