Re: Low gauges, Temp. Comp., Damson

To: ian@Centric.COM, paisley@cme.nist.gov
Subject: Re: Low gauges, Temp. Comp., Damson
From: rgb@hal.com (Roger Bolick)
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 92 07:50:57 CDT
Low gauges/electrical problems - 25% of the TR6's I've seen
(same for other British cars) have the ground wire only hooked
to the block.  The original has a tab for connecting to the
body near the trottle cross bar.  Without a solid connection
to the body, the ground "floats".  You should check the voltage
to the gauges with reference to battery ground, battery positive,
and across the gauge itself.  Confirm a solid body to ground
connection, running a additional wire if necessary.

Temp. Comp. - Most of the 6's have air leaks everywhere, I tracked
these one by one with an air pump until I eliminated all the leaks.
Believe I forwarded you a list of suggested places to check, if not
let me know.  Little things like seals on the valve cover bolts make
a big difference.  Other '70-'80 have the same problems as this was
the early years of the pollution controls.

Damson - The dark purple should be attractive as these cars look
good in the darker reds.  I would be tempted to return this car
to damson as its a very rare color, really be impressive among
a line of yellow and red ones at the VTR judging.  Can't say the
same for my brown one... only kids like it as it reminds them of
a candy bar...

Roger