Re: Damson?

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: Damson?
From: Garry Archer <archer@hsi.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1992 14:21:32 -0400
ian@Centric.COM (Ian Macky) writes:

> According to the commission number plate on my '69 TR6, it was originally
> color code 17: "Damson", the only color listed under Shades of Purple.
>
> Anyone have a clue what this looks like?

A damson is a small, plum-like fruit.  Yuk, I used to hate damson jam!

Anyway, the colour is dark purple, or plum coloured.  Perhaps pretty
close to aubergine (eggplant).

        Cheers!

Garry Archer Esq.       archer@hsi.com
3M Health Information Systems,  Wallingford, Connecticut, U.S.A.

"An Englishman never enjoys himself, except for a noble purpose." - A.P.Herbert