Re: LBCs on TV

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: LBCs on TV
From: Garry Archer <archer@hsi.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1992 09:34:05 -0400
Another sighting last night:  Daimler SP250 ?

Nothing else was on, so I tuned into TNT to watch the Elvis Presley
vehicle "Viva Las Vegas" about sports car racers chasing after the
same girl, Ann-Margaret.  I tuned in mostly to see Ann-Margaret :-)
but also to see what kind of cars they were racing and the racing
(even though it is _only_ a movie).

Ann-Margaret was having car problems and went over to Our Elvis and
an Italian driver, who were looking under the latter's Ferrari (I think),
to ask for help.

At first I thought her car was a TR-3.  The clue from the side view
was the shape of the door.  But then I noticed the nose was more
"pointy", sticking out further than a TR-3.  It also had larger tailfins.
I concluded it was a Daimler SP250 -- and you don't see many of those
in the movies!!!  However, I looked at a picture of the Daimler this
morning and the shape of the doors don't match :-(  Everything else
does though.  Perhaps the doors were different on earlier or later
versions.  My picture is of a 1961.  Production was 1959-64.

Anyone else see the movie?  Verifications?

Garry Archer Esq.       archer@hsi.com
3M Health Information Systems,  Wallingford, Connecticut, U.S.A.

"An Englishman never enjoys himself, except for a noble purpose." - A.P.Herbert