More British terms...

To: SOL <british-cars@hoosier>
Subject: More British terms...
From: berry@athos.pei.com (Berry Kercheval)
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 92 09:29:02 PDT

Ian> Here's a good one from the rebuilding of the fuel pump:

Ian>     13. Stake the casing round each valve in six places with a
Ian>         suitable punch.

That's not a strictly British term (if you mean "stake"); it's a
common machinists expression.  (I *knew* that Physics 26 would come in
useful someday!)

  --berry

(Physics 26 was a basic machinist course offered at my school, so that
budding physicists would be able to build or repair their
apparatus.  I used it to build a valve guide installation tool for
Rover 3-litre engines (6-cyl inline L-head))

--
Berry Kercheval :: berry@pei.com :: Protocol Engines, Inc.  Mt. View, CA
"And there's more where that came from!"