re: MGB Clubs (or any club for that matter)

To: whs70@dancer.cc.bellcore.com (sohl, william h)
Subject: re: MGB Clubs (or any club for that matter)
From: pwcs.StPaul.GOV!phile@medtron.medtronic.COM (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 92 13:41:45 CDT
Bill Sohl writes >

>It is "alleged" that AMGBA is a profit oriented enterprise.

This is not necessarily bad, of and by itself.  I think the SAAB club and
its newsletter "NINES" is a good deal for SAAB owners, even though it is a
full-time job for one guy, who is essentially a self-employed editor-publisher.
If AMGBA is for-profit and admits same, it should still be judged on its
merits.

That said, I dropped AMGBA membership because there was nothing in it for an
autocrossing Midget owner.  Although they claim to support Midgets, there was
precious little in the OCTAGON, and it only came out quarterly.

I no longer own an MG of any type.

Now I am in Lotus LTD, and I feel I get more bang for the buck there.

Phil Ethier, THE RIGHT LINE, 672 Orleans Street, Saint Paul, MN  55107-2676
h (612) 224-3105     lotus@pnet51.orb.mn.org
w (612) 298-5324     phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov  (list goes here)
"The workingman's GT-40" - Anthony Colin Bruce Chapman