Re: Re: cobra stuff

To: bobj@meaddata.com
Subject: Re: Re: cobra stuff
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 92 17:07:08 pdt
> Date: Thu, 11 Jun 92 16:50:22 EDT
> From: bobj@meaddata.com (Robert Jones)
> To: british-cars@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: cobra stuff
>
> Car & Driver also had an article about the "new" 1965 Cobras.  They
> mentioned a selling price of $500,000.  They mentioned that some current
> Cobra owners weren't to thrilled with their expensive collectables becoming
> less rare.  How do you feel about it Roland?

Indifference.  First, my car is a 289 and not even the zillions of
replica builders are bothering to build look-a-like 289s.  One claims to
be making a 289 FIA roadster replica but it's just a fiberglass 427 body
painted in an FIA roadster color scheme.  Secondly, I think 427 Cobras
are flat out ugly compared to 289s.  Actually, diluting the market with
"new" 427s might even enhance the rareness factor of 289s.

Roland Dudley
cobra@hpcdcsn.cdc.hp.com
CSX2282 (Mark II)