Decals "On The Cheap"

To: sol@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Decals "On The Cheap"
From: pwv@tc.fluke.COM (Pat Vilbrandt)
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 92 13:25:58 PDT
> From: xgg2356@dcmdc.dla.mil (James Fuerstenberg)
>
> If someone has the capability of making iron ons from their computer of the
> SOL logo, I would be interested in purchasing one or more.  I do not have
> the capability of even getting a good printed copy....

<>From: bownes@pluto.crd.ge.com (Robert M. Bownes)
<>
<>Does anyone know if you can really use Tek color printer output to
<>make transfers?

Cory Carpenter half-jokingly (I think??) suggested trying this.  Whether or
not Cory was joking, I thought I'd mention that I had the same notion once
in the past, so I took a Phaser color transparency from an old presentation
home and tried a transfer experiment with it, an old T-shirt, and a hot iron.
The color did transfer, and it was reasonably clear and distinct, but it was
*very* thin.  Oh, and it washed out.  :-/

   Pat Vilbrandt       John Fluke Mfg. Co., Inc.        Everett, Washington USA
UUCP: pwv@tc.fluke.COM  or: { uunet, uw-beaver, sun, microsoft }!fluke!pwv
ARPA: fluke!pwv@uw-beaver.ARPA