Monstrous Desire in San Jose

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Monstrous Desire in San Jose
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 92 09:26:07 pdt
Brit car content: ZERO.  This time I really mean it.  Bay Area only.

We have an IC designer from an HP division in France on temporary work
assignment here at our Santa Clara facility in the Bay Area.  He will be
returning to France at the end of the month but before he goes home he
wants to take his son to one of those monster truck exhibitions
frequently advertised on the tube where four-wheel drive vehicles with
huge knobby tires drive through mud heaps and over the tops of other
cars, trucks or what have you.  Because my desk is surrounded by car
posters and I always have automotive mags and books laying around on my
desk and book shelves, he figured I'd be the the most authoritative
person in the office to consult on such matters.  I've been watching for
ads in the paper and on TV for such a show lately but haven't seen any
yet.  Are any of you Bay Area SOLers aware of such an upcoming event in
the near future locally?

Thanks,

Roland Dudley
cobra@hpcdcsn.cdc.hp.com