QH (Quenton-Hasel) parts

To: british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu
Subject: QH (Quenton-Hasel) parts
From: Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@CU.NIH.GOV
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 92 10:49:47 EDT
|Date: 6-1-92  10:49am
|From: Dean Zywicki:dcrt:nih
|  To: {british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu}:INTERNET
|Subj: QH (Quenton-Hasel) parts
   Anyone have any feelings about QH parts for brit. cars.  Their
packaging is orange with a blue lion on it.  The clutch I got for my
midget is a QH, it's made in England and looks just like the original,
i.e. aprt # and lettering stamped in the same position.  I was just
wondering if this will be a decent clutch.
   As far as the engine/gearbox rebuild goes:  I have the gearbox back
together, but I can't get the crankshaft bolt off of the engine.  I'm
going to try to load the block/crank into my car and take to a place
with an airwrench (luckily I already have the 1 7/8" socket for the
nut).  This operation should be real fun.  Now, if only I was going to
be in town the next two weekends and the big car car show wasn't the
next weekend.  Oh well.  At least the car isn't broken, just apart.
It's tough explaining that to some people.

   Dean