Re: Cleaning wiring harnesses

To: zrol01@trc.amoco.com
Subject: Re: Cleaning wiring harnesses
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 92 10:04:50 pdt
> Date: Fri, 10 Apr 92 11:06:46 CDT
> From: zrol01@trc.amoco.com (Richard O. Lindsay)
> To: british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu
> Subject: Cleaning wiring harnesses
>

> I use Trichlorethane to clean cotton and plastic wrapped
> wiring.  The Tri-chlor is available at building supply
> stores like Builder's Square and Home Depot (except perhaps
> in California as Tri-chlor is the degreaser credited with
> ozone problems).  It is a great degreaser especially if

Trichlorethane is available in CA, or at least was the last time I
checked.  However, there are some water based degreaser that work well
too.  Simple Green and my favorite trisodium phosphate (TSP) do a
pretty good job.  Be sure to use gloves with a TSP solution.
TSP isn't available in all states but I imagine Simple Green and
similar products are.

Roland