Re: Back on the road again

To: british-cars@hoosier (BritishCars)
Subject: Re: Back on the road again
From: ralph@swmerc.rain.com (Ralph Merwin)
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 92 21:56:09 PST

TeriAnn writes:

> But then again, I generally do not use gaskets anymore.  I use the blue
> silicone stuff from Permatex unstead.  It will not survive petrol, but it
> handles hot oil.

Be sure that you go easy on this stuff.  The (very dead) tranny that I
pulled from my GT6 had this stuff, and whoever put it on didn't know
the word 'sufficient'.  It had squished out during assembly, inside and
out the tranny, and chunks were in the oil (and, I assume ground up in
the oil).  Don't know if this contributed to the tranny's demise, but it
couldn't be good for it.

Ralph