Re: Restoring Gas tanks and frames.

To: Nelson_Yaple@ccm.hf.intel.com, british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: Restoring Gas tanks and frames.
From: Teriann J. Wakeman <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 92 08:50:54 -0800
Ummmm Nelson, I thought Lotus Elites did not have a frame.  I thought they
were fibre glass & tended to crack a lot because they did not have a real
frame.  Is this wrong?

You can get your petrol tank cleaned out & checked over at most radiator
shops.  My 1960 Land Rover has unpainted galvanized trim that is still in
excellent shape.  New replacement LR frames are galvanized.  So if you are
going to be running your Lotus through the swamps, tying logs to the side
and floating it accross the Congo river, or some such thing, you might
consider getting it galvanized ;*)

TeriAnn