NON LBC QUESTION

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: NON LBC QUESTION
From: rkg@XamenEk.ateq.com (Richard George)
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 92 08:43:34 PST

HELLLP!

The following is a non - lbc rpoblem, but I was hoping one of you mechanical
gurus out there might know the answer.. (The Haynes manual was of no help
at all as it covered 10+ years of radically different cars...).

It has to do with an '84 Dodge Turbo Colt (yuk, ptui...).  I seem to be
getting a wonderful whooshing sound from the exhaust system whenever I
"put my foot in it", accompanied with a funky loss of power...

I think its either a hosed wastegate system, or some other sort of bypass
valve going bad - Unfortunately, I can't figure out if there is an additional
bypass system other than the one that puts air in by the first catylitic (SP?)
converter...

Two questions - First of all, is there another bypass valve somewhere?  And
second,  is this a plausible explanation for the problem?

Well, alright some britcar content - I still haven't been able to get the new
rear spring in my GT6 because I'm still working on getting the Volvo out of the
garage...(Hey, they used to be made in England...).

Thanx in advance,

rkg

(Richard George alias "soon to be reduced to 1 street legal car Richard")