Oil cooler

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Oil cooler
From: gerry@probe.att.com
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 92 14:07 EST
> Surely someone must have ideas about this problem/question.  Here it is again:
> I would like to add an oil cooler to my '79 Midget.  The problem is these
> things come in all sizes and I really don't know what size to use.  I

I do have a 1500 and an oil cooler. I have a 13 row cooler set in front of the
radiator, with the oil lines going through the hole, normally used for the
heater trunking. I am surprised that you say that there isn't a lot of room,

I found it to be surprisingly roomy, considering the rest of the car is so
small !!
To save some bucks, get an oil cooler from the 1275 Midget, an adaptor from
in the yellow pages).
a speed shop (like Winner's Circle), and hose from an hydraulic outlet (look

Remember to fit a thermostat in the system, otherwise duriong cold days, your
oil will never warm up , and you risk premamture engine wear. The thermostat
that I have is intrated in the adoptor plate, so I do not need an external one.

Gerry