re: O2 sensor failure

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: re: O2 sensor failure
From: "John (J.R.) Soucie" <soucie@bnr.ca>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1993 13:16:00 +0000
 I have the K&N version of the O2 meter and sensor and the sensor that was
supplied with this unit had an instructions sheet that mentioned the sensor
could be fouled by an over rich mixture (soot) and that to remedy this problem
you could attempt to burn off any deposits with a torch when the unit was
removed from the car. I can't remember if they mentioned to simply use a
propane torch or if it had to be oxy-acetalene.
 Hope this helps you stretch a little more life out of your sensors

John Soucie