Re: TR6 Rear---clarification

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu, hood@uswest.com
Subject: Re: TR6 Rear---clarification
From: work@riggs.b30.ingr.com (R. Kevin Riggs)
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1993 13:41:44 -0600
I reread what I wrote, and I want to make a clarification.  I said:

> In fact, if
> you're pressed for time, you can probably take the parts to just about
> any mechanic for not much money.
>
> In fact, this holds true of every replaceable part in the rear end.
> [More about reconditioning the rear end deleted.]

I don't mean that you should *generally* take the work to a mechanic; by
all means, do all of it that you can.  I meant, repair/replace all of
the parts that are subject to wear.  The mechanic part was just about the
u-joints---I mean, do those yourself, too, unless you're just flat out
of time, and *then* take them to a mechanic.  Not that it's any of my
business what you do...

Oh, shit, this hole's getting deeper...

One more thing---definitely replace all the differential mounting
bushings.  They wear out, and then you break the frame.

I think I've said enough...
Kevin Riggs                   Aren't you glad my signature's brief?
work@riggs.b30.ingr.com
(205) 730-3074                    Don't you wish everyone's was?