Brit Car Knowledge

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Brit Car Knowledge
From: George_N_Haynes.Wbst207V@xerox.com
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1993 08:33:43 PST
I just read the note from Mike Burdick: "What is it about these things?" and
Andrew Green's eloquent reply, followed by Rick Lindsay's comment: "These notes
are great!  It almost makes coming to work worth while".   I couldn't agree
more and began wondering just how much collective knowledge and experience we
have here on this net.

As one example, I have owned and repaired British cars since buying a TR3 in
1962.  I autocrossed Brit cars (or Specials made from them) for 12 years.  A
steady stream of other Brit cars, including a 14-year affair with a Lotus 7,
have led to the current stable of MG-TC, two MGA's and a TR4A.  A heated garage
has allowed me to do three complete restorations during the nasty northeast
winters.  Summers are spent driving them.  My best friends are Brit car
enthusiasts.  If it's a disease, call the Doc `cause I'm afflicted!

My example is probably typical.  What about you, Roland and Roger and Mark and
TeriAnn, et al?   BTW, I'm darned grateful for the British Cars Digest and
Mark's dedication to it!  Thank You!!  A great service and yes, it makes coming
to work a little easier!

Happy Open Car Motoring!
George