distributor

To: fieldson@jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu
Subject: distributor
From: xgg2356@dcmdc.dla.mil (James Fuerstenberg)
Date: Fri Jan 8 08:51:16 1993
greg,

I am using basically the same distributor as your TR7 in my race Mini Cooper,
with modifications to the advance springs to change the advance curve.  Mine
is not modified to allison internals.  It seems to work fine (knock wood).
It also has no vaccum retard mechanism.

You can probably get a NEW replacement from Autojumble in Ohio for around
$100.

Why do you want to replace it?

Since it was basically a bolt in on my Mini, I suppose you could use an Aldon
mechanical street or race distributor...they cost around 150 by mail from Mini
Spares in London 011 44 81 368 6292...or can be bought for a little more in the
US from Mini Mania.

If your distributor bushings are not worn, there is no reason to replace it.
If you want a higher performance set up, you can add MSD, Allison or Adrenaline
Discharge systems.

jim

jfuerstenberg@dcmdc.dla.mil or xgg2356@dcmdc.dla.mil

"It has been said that motor racing shares in common with sex the distinction
of being of the most popular, most maligned and least understood of human
activities.

Charles Beaumont and William F. Nolan from "Omnibus of Speed"