re: Classic car auto insurance

To: whs70@taichi.cc.bellcore.com (sohl, william h)
Subject: re: Classic car auto insurance
From: augi@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com (Joe Augenbraun)
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 91 12:55:33 EDT

> Most classic coverage does allow for some types of driving other
> than just parades or to car shows.  The allowed uses are usually
> identified in a broad enough definition that lots of possibilities
> exist.  On the other hand, most classic policies specifically
> exclude driving to and from work, etc.

That is exactly the problem.  Even though I wouldn't be driving daily
to work in my classic, I certainly want to have the ability.  The JC
Taylor limitations basically work out to only being able to drive it
if you aren't actually trying to get somewhere.  :-(

> Check out the other collector insurance carriers in any
> issue of Hemmings Motor News also.  One significant point,
> I don't think you'll qualify for classic coverage UNLESS
> you can show that you have one or more other vehicles as
> your regular transportation.

State Farm in PA (at least according to the insurance agent) also
specifically exluded driving to/from work.  I will look at Hemmings
to see if anything else appropriate is offered.

                                        Joe