Re: color tune...

To: metzger@decwet.dec.com, sfisher@Pa.dec.com
Subject: Re: color tune...
From: djd@aurora.arc.nasa.gov (Daniel J. Dasaro)
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 91 17:17:11 -0700
Another thing to check is the end of the 12" extension wire from the
Colortune.  Make sure you don't just pop the spark plug wire on the
threaded end of the extension wire, it won't make a good connection.
You need one of those caps that screws on to the top of the spark
plug.  This cap should be checked frequently, every time I remove the
Colortune I find it tends to loosen up a bit.  This eliminates the case
of the spark not getting from the plug wire to the Colortune.

Like Scott's suggestions, it is an obvious thing to check but I know I've
missed my share of the obvious.  And definitely clean the Colortune with
that little brush and the cleaner, then hold it up to some light and
be absolutely certain you can see through the Colortune.

The Colortune is gapped at .025", which is right for the MGB.  But it
is not, as far as I know, adjustable.

-Dan