Starter fixed, now clutch

To: british-cars@hoosier, cars@elroy.meaddata.com
Subject: Starter fixed, now clutch
From: bobj@meaddata.com (Robert Jones)
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 91 13:32:26 EDT
I finally got my starter problem fixed.  It was indeed the "sequential
seatbelt control."  What I finally did was what it says to do in my Haynes,
"test by substitution."  The unit from the '75 parts MGB was slightly different
than the one from '74, it was much smaller with the circuit that was giving
me trouble basically shorted out. (I believe the laws changed in '75, hence
the difference.)  Anyway, it has worked fine since Friday.

Now on to my newest problem. While digging around the starter, I discovered
that the hose leading to the clutch slave cylinder was cracked and possibly
leaking (couldn't tell if it was clutch fluid or the engine oil which seems
to be oozing everywhere.)  Anyway, I plan to change the bad hose.  So my
question is this, is there anything besides the hose I need to order, such
as new fittings etc.?  How hard will this be to change & bleed?  Do
I just use DOT 4 brake fluid?  I know, I know RTFM :-) I will, it just
seems that factory manuals weren't written for the novice mechanic.

Thanks,

Bob