Re: Elan price

To: Kazuo Yoshizaki <yoshi@hpujsda.yhp.hp.com>, sol@hoosier (brit)
Subject: Re: Elan price
From: steve@europa.esd.sgi.com (Loopy - the spineless boy)
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 91 10:15:47 -0700
>Wow, it is cheap! In Japan, I think Elan price is still USD 15000 - 20000.

This is typically what the Elan roadsters and dropheads go for.  The Elan
coupes and +2s usually go for around $8000 to $15000.  $8900 for a +2
in excellent shape would be a good deal, provided it truly is in excellent
shape.  Lotus are difficult cars to buy, though.  They are a bit more
complicated than most British cars and really must be looked over carefully
to make sure there aren't any hidden problems that may be expensive and
necessary to fix.  Lotus are pretty fragile.  Everything has to be spot on
or the car will not perform well and could be dangerous.  When everything is
spot on, the car will absolutely amaze you!

steve valin             steve@sgi.com
        I've just had my brain washed and I can't do a thing with it.