Speedo. adjustment on TR6

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Speedo. adjustment on TR6
From: Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@cu.nih.gov
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 91 14:25:29 EDT
|Date: 8-22-91  2:23pm
|From: Dean Zywicki:dcrt:nih
|  To: {british-cars@encore.com}:INTERNET
|Subj: Speedo. adjustment on TR6
Gabor asks about adjust the speedometer (or speedomometer from the
guy I bought my car from):

   It's easy to adjust it, but hard to get it back to the right place
afterwards.  When I got my TR6, it appeared that the odometer wasn't
working correctly, so like any good brit. car owner I took it apart to
see if I could really screw it up.  The front face twists off with a
little WD-40 applied around the frozen together metal face and
housing.  From there the needle can be taken off and repositioned
wherever you want it.  The problem is that there is a wound up
coil attached to the pin which the needle goes on, and I think it is
supposed to have some tension on it while the needle rests at 0.  Mine
is now off by about 5 mph at 55.  I just can't seem to get it exactly
right.

  Dean