Re: A Sunbeam, a Jag, and an MGB

To: british-cars@encore.com (british-cars)
Subject: Re: A Sunbeam, a Jag, and an MGB
From: southern@neit.cgd.ucar.edu (Lawrence Buja)
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 91 15:18:29 MDT
wsadler@copper.ucs.indiana.edu (william sadler) gets confused:

>The car in Commando was a Mercedes.

 Nope.  That was no Mercedes, it was a Sunbeam.  The rear fins
looked too small to be an Alpine.  Ergo: Tiger.

>  I saw the emblem in the front grill.

 Nope, that was a Sunbeam grill.

>It did look amazingly like an Alpine, especially from the rear.

 There's a good reason for this.

>Of
>course, it may have been an Alpine with a mercedes grill that they just
>put together so they could run it into the telephone pole.  Who knows?

The only thing that I can think of is maybe they needed to do a retake
after the Sunbeam was crashed and spliced in some Mercedes shots (that
I missed).

--
                                     Lawrence Buja
                                     southern@ncar.ucar.edu