Portland British meet and misc

To: british-cars@encore.nyu.edu
Subject: Portland British meet and misc
From: Dustin Kassman <dhk%hpcvxbt.cv.hp.com%cmcl2%harvard%xait@linus.pa.dec.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 91 11:26:33 PDT
>I remember hearing that there is a big British Car Show in Portland, OR
>over labor day.  I was planning to be there then, so could anyone
>provide me with some details?  I am especially interested in knowing
>what swap meet type activity I am likely to find.
>

> Doug Braun                         Intel Design Technology

The event you are talking about is the All British Field Meet.  The
usual run of affairs is that on Friday night they have the no-host bar
at a hotel somewhere (Red Lion, I think).  Saturday is the concours
event where they litter all of Portland International Raceway's grassy
area with cars of British repute.  Sunday is the slalom, gymkhana, swap
meet, and model car competition.  I don't have anymore details than this
at the time.  I am trying to track them down as I am planning on being
there too.

As long as you asked here is a rundown on the more interesting items
that litter my cubicle.

British car junk:
  - SOL insignia
  - a bookmark from the county library with a picture of a red MG TC
  - 1/24 scale plastic model of AC Cobra (BRG w/wire wheels)
  - TRF catalog

Non-British car junk:
  - picture of my 650 Nighthawk
  - picture of my first RX-7
  - 1/60 scale metal '80 Savanna (RHD RX-7)
  - 1/18 scale metal model of '84 Ferrari GTO (red, of course)
  - picture of Dodge Stealth

Non-British non-car junk:
  - Captain Seattle poster by Sandoval
    (Captain Seattle and his beautiful indian campanion, Raindrop,
    invite you to join O.S.H.I.T., the Official St. Helens Inspection
    Team)
  - family pictures and various artwork by my three-year-old

>The latest MG newsletter from TRF has an ad for an MGB model but don't
>recall whether or not it's a GT.
>
>Roland

Extracted from the TRF ad:
  - 1/24th scale metal kits
  - RHD
  - chrome or rubber bumpered
  - GT or roadster
  - $149.50 (ouch!)
  - D and R Enterprises, 2013 N. 71st Street, Wauwatosa, WI  53213
    (414) 774-8870

                                Dustin Kassman
                                dhk@cv.hp.com