Re: tire wars.

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: tire wars.
From: mit-eddie!math-cs.kent.edu!bailey@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 90 20:53:41 EDT

>       After struggling with over-tightened lug nuts after new tire purchases,
>
> I've had wheel studs fail on the road because of this. Most places will

I'm not sure what the reason was, but I had 4 of 5 studs break once as
I was turning a corner!! The wheel moved out and rotated off the hub
a little. The right rear corner of the car started bouncing up and down
about 6 inches. I'm glad it was a rear wheel and not a front one.
I'm still not sure what made that fifth one hold on.

--
Jeff Bailey (JRB71) (System Administrator)  <bailey@math-cs.kent.edu>
Kent State University