re: tire wars.

To: british-cars%alliant.alliant.com@RELAY.CS.NET,
Subject: re: tire wars.
From: "Teriann J. Wakeman" <mit-eddie!APPLE.COM!twakeman@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 90 09:48:24 -0700
I have learned my lesson long ago about lug nuts.  If I have a dealer mount
a tyre for my I absolutely INSIST that they put a spot of grease on the lug
AND hand tighten the nuts. Or if it is a splined hub, it goes back with a ton
of water resisatnt greese (I bring it with me to make sure they have it).
I tell them I was stranded one night because someone machine tightened lug nuts
too tight & never again.  They grumble but hand tighten it.  They machine
tighten it & they do not get paid.

TeriAnn