Re: Parts is parts....

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: Parts is parts....
From: mit-eddie!wsl.dec.com!kent@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 90 13:24:54 PDT
    Lately I heard a very disturbing rumor: that Moss motors is setting

        themseelves up as a monopoly in the Brit-car parts market, by buying up
        all the sources...   Does anybody know anything about this, or was my
        source just blowing smoke?

Well, they've bought TriumphTune and Cox & Buckles, two of the biggest
British distributors. I find it unlikely that they'll buy out all the
companies that British Motor Heritage contracts with for small parts
(like, oh, Lucas :-), but Moss do certainly seem to be making a run on
parts inventories and knowledgeable people.

Maybe this means the quality of the parts they ship to me will go up.