Re: Winter Storage Again

To: british-cars@Alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: Winter Storage Again
From: mit-eddie!CS.CMU.EDU!Robert.Sansom@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 90 16:18:41 -0400 (EDT)
I put my Jag in an 'Omnibag' last winter.  The bag is basically a huge
garbage bag.  It was a little bit of work getting the car into the bag
(required three people). And the "chip clips" that they supplied with
the bag weren't too good.  They wouldn't hold the bag shut so I resorted
to clamping the end down with blocks of wood.  I was disappointed enough
with the clips that I complained about them in reponse to a survey
letter I received from the owner of Pine Ridge Enterprises.  He
apologised and sent me a new kind of clip that he will be sending out in
future.  The new clip looks strong enough to hold the bag shut.
When I took the Jag out of the bag this spring the car was indeed in as
good condition as when I put it away.

Robert Sansom
School of Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA
15213
INTERNET: sansom@cs.cmu.edu  BITNET: sansom%cs.cmu.edu@cmuccvma
UUCP: ...!seismo!cs.cmu.edu!sansom  CSNET: sansom%cs.cmu.edu@relay.cs.net