Jag Saloons

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Jag Saloons
From: mit-eddie!en.ecn.purdue.edu!doddp@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Paul E Dodd)
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 90 13:14:47 -0500
It seems Mike Johnson has just bought the car of his dreams, er nightmares- a
'56 Jag Mk1 in need of everything. About which I can only say "At least yours
runs!" My brother has two early 60's Mk2 3.8's. Neither runs, and one has
severe body rot, which makes it look like somebody made it into a lowrider.
He and his wife were up to 7 cars, including 3 Jags and 2 MG's, but now they're
down to a respectable 5 after having sold 1 MG and a Mazda. Anyway, the reason
I'm writing is to let Mike know that Bartlett Co. (Muncie, IN) has Jag
leather interiors on sale. These are complete kits that include EVERYTHING,
including headliner material, genuine Connolly hides, etc. The Mk 2 kits are
down to $2400 from about $3600 according to my brother, so if you're ready
to worry about the interior yet (ie. the bankroll permits) it might be a good
time to get a kit. I don't know about Mk 1's, but they always advertise in
Hemming's if you're interested....

Paul.