'59 AH Sprite Suspension questions : continued

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: '59 AH Sprite Suspension questions : continued
From: mit-eddie!grebyn.com!yml@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Yermo M. Lamers)
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 90 11:32:32 EDT
These questions (with some of my own thrown in) are being posted
for a friend :

How can I solve the following problems? :

o The bugeye's rear suspension feels painfully stiff, as if the rear
  were solidly mounted to the axle. There doesn't seem to be much
  suspension travel at all. (The suspension on this car is stock.) Is this
  the way it's supposed to be? Going over bumpy roads can be quite a
  painful experience.

o The rear tends to slide out while going around bumpy corners; to the
  point of being dangerous. It seems that the front suspension travels a
  bit in a corner while the rear doesn't. Is this normal for a stock
  suspension?

o Any hints on how the suspension can be improved for road usage?

o Should I rebuild orignal shocks or replace them with new ones? (Where
  can I get info on rebuilding shocks, etc.?)

Where can I get more information about bugeyes in general? Any stores?
Owners groups? Publications? etc?

Any replies to these questions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Yermo Lamers   yml@grebyn.com