RE: Two quick questions about a 66 Jag

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM, -cscon-b-b-f@uoft02.utoledo.edu
Subject: RE: Two quick questions about a 66 Jag
From: mit-eddie!hp6600.desk.hp.com!larry_schwarcz%q0@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: 2 Aug 90 08:53 -0800
>1) I was sent a set of instructions to tune up my SU carbs on my 4.2 L Jag.
>   The instructions say to use a "light-weight motor oil". What is light-
>   weight?  10-w30?  WD-40? What is reccomended?

I called a friend of mine who owns a '70 and a '66 E-Type (both roadsters)
and he said that the recommended weight is 20 weight.  He got this info
from both the Haynes Jag manual and the Haynes Stromberg manual.  Or, you
can call Terrys in IL and ask for the correct fluid (by Gurling ?).  Just
tell them what you need it for and they'll send the correct stuff.
       Terrys
       (800) 851-9438 / (800) 447-4587  Order desk
       (618) 439-4444 / (618) 439-4990  Information

>2) This next question is a little bit more speicialized.  Does anyone
>   know what is the stock, front turn signal light are for a 66 e-type?
>   I have an orange and white one on the driver's side, and a just plain
>   white one on the passenger's side.  They are diffrent styles and shapes,
My friends '66 E-Type has the orange/white lenses.  Maybe the clear were for
Europe and the orange/white for the US?

         Good Luck!
           Larry Schwarcz
           HP Cupertino, CA