Lotus Help

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM (British-Cars)
Subject: Lotus Help
From: Mike Johnson <mit-eddie!hplabs!hpupora!mikej@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 90 16:44:36 PDT
I have a lovely garden hose green '74 Europa TC Special.  The color starts
out looking very bad!  But it grows on you, besides it is original and in
very good shape.  The car is very reliable but it makes noise going down
the road.  It is starting to worry me.

What I hear is a rythmic squeak from the back of the car.  The tune it
sings changes if the car is going down the road or turning.  I have the
vaccum boosters working on the brakes.  When I touch the brakes (ie. the
rear shoes start moving out) the noise goes away.

I do need to shim the transaxel output shaft.  I have alot of camber play.
The u-joints are in good shape (I think).  I have replaced the rear hub
bearings about 3000 miles ago.

Any ideas from you Lotus types out there?
--
 Mike Johnson
 Systems Engineer             UUCP:           hpupora!mikej