Re: [Bricklin] Floorboard heat

To: "bl" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Bricklin] Floorboard heat
From: "Rick at High Tech Coatings" <rick@hightechcoatings.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 18:06:26 -0400
the only issue with heat wrap ion the pipes is that it deteriorate the pipes
quickly, specially if you drive for long periods. I had a friend that wrapped
a brand new set of headers then drove to Florida, I brought him down a new set
as the header literally fell apart from the excess heat held in them. BTW they
were not cheap Chinese headers but rather very expensive made in USA street
rod headers,
 I would rater see you make up  some semi circular heat shields from aluminum
and space them off the pipes

On 6/14/2010 4:44:23 PM, Greg Schroeder (gschroeder@comcast.net) wrote:
> Has anyone resolved the issue of floorboard heat?  I have installed PVC
> sound/heat shield in the floor, lizard skin on the firewall, transmission
> tunnel and under the seats.   I am still having issues with heat.  In a
> short
> 10 mile trip the floor heat will hit around 115 F.  The passenger side it
> little better at 101 F.  I am getting ready to try exhaust wrap since
> the
> pipes are over 200 near the floorboard.  Engine temps are good at 180 F.
> I am
> not sure what else to try to get this heat down and make the car
> comfortable
> for a long drive.  Right now it is the only thing preventing me from
> taking my
> car to the meet since I have a 3 1/2 hour drive and there are issues after
> 10
> miles.  Even if I could trailer it I am not sure it would be comfortable
> drive for very long.
>
> Greg 0036
Bricklin@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html