[Bricklin] rubber vs poly.

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: [Bricklin] rubber vs poly.
From: bricklin0095@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 18:29:49 -0400
Johns right, the poly bushings have a tendency to squeak/groan loudly
at times.. I tried them on the front sway bar and found that cutting an
antifreeze jug and wrapping the plastic around the bar before sliding
the bushing on was the only way to permanently quiet it..

One thing that I reccomend for any one replacing the motor mounts on
the 74's is to drill a hole through the mount and install a 3/8 bolt.
this will keep the mount from separating at the rubber while allowing
the rubber to ablsorb the vibations.