Re: [Bricklin] Motor Mounts - Polyurethane vs. Rubber

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Bricklin] Motor Mounts - Polyurethane vs. Rubber
From: "JLC" <breton48@live.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 10:24:02 -0600
Hi...

Polyurethane mounts are usually much stiffer than rubber, so they hold the
drive train in place better. Because they are stiffer, they also cause more
noise and vibration than rubber mounts.

Rubber mounts are softer and will cause less noise and vibration than the
Polyurethane mounts. They will not last as long as Polyurethane mounts,
especially if oil leaks onto them.

JLC

From: "Greg Schroeder" <gschroeder@comcast.net>

I am in the process of searching for motor mounts.  I know there is a

difference in price and material, but what are the advantages of
Polyurethane

vs. Rubber motor mounts.