Exhaust manifold to header pipe gasket

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Exhaust manifold to header pipe gasket
From: "Alan Coleman" <colemaal@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2006 02:05:56 +0000
I picked up the new exhaust and header pipes yesterday and wrestled with
getting them on the car today.  I have to take the left side back for some
adjustment.

One problem I ran into was finding the correct gasket that goes between the
exhaust manifold and the header pipe.  I found some at a parts store that
looked like they would work ($11 ea) that are made of graphite.  When things
were tightened up though, the metal core in the gasket was forced into the
butterfly valve, jamming it in the closed position.  Ive checked the parts
list, but nothing is listed.  Does anyone have a number for the gasket on
the 74??

Thanks.

Alan Coleman
246 (original owner)