New member says 'hi'

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: New member says 'hi'
From: Robert Alexander <Robbie1746@ra1.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 10:10:22 -0400
Greetings fellow Bricklin fans.

I have just recently joined the list and wanted to say 'hi.' My name
is Robert Alexander. I'm a computer programmer who lives on (and
works from) an old farm in Ontario, Canada, just north of Toronto.

I also just recently (like this past Friday) picked up a beautiful,
very red, Bricklin SV1, VIN 1746.

Here's some pictures I took yesterday morning:

http://nwn.ra1.net/images/Bricklin1746_01.jpg

http://nwn.ra1.net/images/Bricklin1746_02.jpg

http://nwn.ra1.net/images/Bricklin1746_back.jpg

The car has been painted; but it's still Safety Orange under its
beautiful new skin.

All-in-all, it's in quite good shape.  For those who recognize this
car from the Annual meet, it used to be owned by Bob Mitchell of King
City.  Bob's a friend of mine, and the person who did the
restoration.  I'm sure he's going to be an invaluable source of
knowledge for me going forward -- I hope I don't bug him too much.  ;)

A bit ironic that I get the car just a week *after* the big gathering
in near by Kitchener-Waterloo.  Maybe next year...

There's a few things the car needs (isn't there always), and few
things I want to do to it.

It's currently running a tad rich, so I need to adjust that, and, as
much as I really like a nice throaty growl from a V8, the exhaust
system is currently too much of a good thing. Need to get the air
going again, too. There's a couple small cracks on the top of the
drivers side door that need attention, too.

Things on the 'want to do' side mostly revolve around increased
performance. And the on-going battle against heat. :)

My first question after driving the car for a while was, "Is it
always this hot?" <grin>

Best,
Rob