RE: Sealing the gas tank sender opening

To: "'bricklin@autox.team.net'" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Sealing the gas tank sender opening
From: "Early, Stephen" <Stephen.Early@mbna.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 07:09:35 -0500
You can do this repair in about an hour without dropping the tank.  Here's
how:

1)  Raise the rear of the car.
2)  Disconnect the wires and fuel lines from the sending unit.
3)  Rotate the metal retaining ring counter-clockwise until it pops out.  If
it is tight, use a screwdriver against one of the tabs and tap it with a
hammer.
4)  Remove the sending unit.
5)  Replace the "O" ring between the sending unit and the tank.  This is
what is leaking.  You may be able to get one locally or make one.  Or, Bob
at Bob's Brickyard has them but you may have to buy the whole sending unit.
It runs about $85.
6)  Installation is the reverse of removal.

See, easy.

Stephen I. Early
Portfolio Conversions
MBNA America