Re: Brakes

To: "bricklin" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brakes
From: "High Tech Coatings" <htc@mnsi.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 05:12:05 -0500
> That brings up a very interesting point.  I've been told that the one of
> the front rotors for the Brick. are No Longer Available (NLA).  I believe
> there were 2 different rotors used based on weither you have the Kelsey-
> Hayes or the Bendix brakes.  I'm not sure which is nla, nor which fits
> what other cars.
>
> If you want to stay with the AMC brakes, I've heard that you can change
> the stub axel, caliper and caliper anchor and then the rotor/hubs.  But
> I don't know with what.
>
> Anyone have any more info. on this subject?
>
> John

There is another rotor  for the AMC, It was used on later cars and has a
removable Hub so the rotor is just a 'disc' like modern cars. I don't if
they will fit a brick or what they were off but I've used lots of them to
make trailers as the have the same bolt on design. I have a set her that I
plan on using to put on 12" rotors and PBR 2 piston alloy calipers for my
hotrod. Well that's the plan, the execution may not be too easy, but should
be nothing you can't conquer with a plasma cutter and welder.......
Rick