Re: brake balance

To: "bricklin" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: brake balance
From: "High Tech Coatings" <htc@mnsi.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 05:05:18 -0500
I realize that the svo valve will probably not have the proper balance, but
what it will have is  safety and the proper residual pressures. Adjustable
prop valves are cheap and easy to add.
As for CG, you have to ember teat the brick frame is in the middle of the
car instead of below it and the fiberglass body is heavier than modern
steel. and lets not for get the 'light weight' front bumper, it weighs more
that the rear.
 I do have a way to calculate CG  but until I can borrow a set of race scale
and get my swaps done I can't calculate it. the replacement of the cast iron
heads and intake with aluminum will lower the CG by removing weight above
it, While replacing the cast iron trans with a lighter aluminum 6 speed gear
box should have little effect as it is I hope closer to the CG

> One thing to think about when updating the brake system is the brake
balance. While
> you can't leave the production prop valve in, using the SVO parts might
not be a good
> idea either. The Mustangs of that era had lousey weight balance (58/42)
and lousey