Re: CD Player part 2

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: CD Player part 2
From: "Mitwelt" <mitwelt@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 10:35:06 -0400
  > I don't know about the radio frequency transmitters...I've tried some
> earlier and cheap ones and they didn't do diddly

 Yes, the earlier ones were pretty crappy and you certainly get what you pay
for in the world of hi-fi (excluding the "amazing wave" Bose radio).  But
newer and better units are available now that do a pretty decent job (as
well as many mid-fi car radios and CD players).   Aiwa, JVC, and I think
Pioneer also (the makers of the OEM speakers), all make useable units.  Just
don't get the cheapest then act surprised when it sounds like sh!t.   Where
most folks run into problems with these units in general is setting up the
frequency matching at the antenna.  Do this step wrong and you will be very
disappointed.
  As for restorations and retrofits, these can get very expensive.  One, the
"Radio Man" gets about a grand.  I'm sure there are others.  Just follow
classic car links and these turn up. Of course, if you are going to go this
route, you may want to check into Dynaudio's speakers as well. At about a
grand a pop also, these are manufactured by a Danish driver maker considered
by many to be one of the finest.  And then there are subwoofers, Perhaps MB
Quarts, new snappy oxygen-free audio cables, garden hose sized power
conduits, gold plated fist sized fuses, one *farad* power capacitors for
more headroom, Powerclass amplifiers, etc., etc., etc..  You can go wherever
your wallet can take you.

stephan #2821